Retail Assistant Vacancy – Shop Zero, July 2022
Shop Zero, Nottingham’s sustainable lifestyle shop and e-commerce store, is hiring a new team member for their retail assistant vacancy. This exciting role is focussed on developing the customer experience for both retail and events.
Shop Zero has been helping the people of Nottingham reduce their environmental impact since 2018. We are now looking for a new retail assistant to join our team. You’ll be helping the people of Nottingham and beyond to reduce their environmental impact.
This new, permanent position is for 1 year initially, though it may be extended. It covers 16h per week over weekdays and weekends, with occasional evenings when we have events.
Wage brackets, per hour: Age 23 and over – £9.50, age 21-22 – £9.18, age 18-20 – £6.83, under 18 – £5.
Experience and skills Retail Assistant vacancy
The suitable candidate will have:
- Proven retail experience
- An interest in sustainable living (or a willingness to learn)
- Excellent communication skills both in-person and online
- A good understanding of social media
- Willingness to learn about the product range
- Self motivation
- Readiness in work in a small, close-knit and supportive team
Responsibilities and duties
- Welcoming customers and offering help with product selection
- Showing customers to relevant items or directing them to alternatives
- Handling cash, using our Point of Sale (POS) equipment
- Working on sales targets
- Maintaining shop displays and tidying areas
- Cleaning and tidying the store, storage and workshop areas
- Increasing sales and highlighting promotional products to customers
- Rotating and replenishing stock on the shop floor
- Dealing with customer exchanges and gift vouchers
- Preparing orders for click and collect and online orders
- Supporting the team with marketing and social media activities
- Supporting customers as part of our events programme
Shop Zero, 42a Friar Lane, Nottingham NG1 6DQ
As soon as possible and at the latest by 17th August 2022.
Please email a covering letter and CV to email@example.com by midnight Friday, 29th July 2022. Please state in your application the days and times when you would be available to work.
Week commencing 1st August 2022.
Please note: you may be asked into the shop for a trial prior to appointment.