CHANGES TO DELIVERY SERVICES FROM 5th AUGUST – whilst we are moving to our new shop, we will be offering additional services including CLICK AND COLLECT. You can also leave your containers there for pick-up and refill.
- Thursdays and Saturdays: The Beadshop at 7 Market St, NG1 6HY, just off Market Square, 10-4pm
- Tuesdays: From 68 Percival Road, Sherwood, NG5 2EX 10-7pm
We have loads of ways for you to get sustainable shopping to your door!
Local Deliveries by Cycle Courier
Get your Shop Zero goodies by Cargo bike! We are excited to offer you a sustainable Door 2 Door home delivery service in partnership with Veload, a Nottingham-based business.
- Deliveries are made to addresses within 3 miles of the City Centre.
- Enter your postcode at checkout and if you’re in the delivery area, the option will come up.
- Once your order is in, the delivery will be within 3-5 days.
- Let us know a safe place or a neighbour to leave the order with if you’re not going to be in.
- We’ll contact you to let you know when your parcel is coming.
- The cost is £4 with a FREE delivery for orders over £40.
SERVICE DURING OUR TEMPORARY CLOSURE STARTING AUG 5TH 2021: Sarah will deliver to the remaining postcodes in NG5 and NG4 on Tuesdays.
If you don’t live near our shop, don’t worry, you can still get your Shop Zero favourites! We post orders out to addresses all over the UK by 2nd Class Royal Mail and Next Day Courier.
Postal charges: Under 2kg weight, there is a flat rate cost of £3.95 (no minimum order value here!) for a Royal Mail Second class delivery. For orders of 2kg and over, the flat rate charge is £5.95 by Next Day delivery.
Postal despatch times: We aim to get your orders packed and out to you within 3 of our working days. Timing can depending on a number of things: when we receive you order, when the shop is open to pack your order, how busy we are in-store and the number of food items you have ordered (these take a lot longer to pack).
Parcels under 2kg: once out with Royal Mail, orders will usually arrive in the next 2-4 days, depending on their delivery patterns. We aim to keep in touch with you via email if there are any variations from this.
Occasionally items do get lost in the post. Please check at your local Royal Mail Sorting Office as often parcels are returned there. If a parcel hasn’t arrived after 15 working days after it was sent, then Royal Mail will allow a parcel to be classed as lost. We are then permitted to claim for the loss. We can then re-send or refund your order.
Parcels of 2kg and over: are usually detached by Courier and will come within 2-3 days. The courier aims for next day delivery but this can be subject to a slight delay.
Our Sustainable Packaging Policy for deliveries
Plastic-free deliveries! In line with our sustainable ethos – we will never knowingly add any plastic to our deliveries. We use and reuse, recycled and recyclable packaging wherever possible.
Any tape we add to boxes is made in the UK or EU from Kraft paper and the glue is plant-based. Moreover, the tape is fully home compostable and recyclable. Occasionally, you may find some traditional tape remains on the boxes; removing this can mean that a box become damaged and unusable. So we prefer to keep them intact so we can reuse them.
For local cycle deliveries, we love to take back boxes and bags so they can be used again for future orders.
Produce Bag Refill Postal Service – Post us your produce bags for refilling
Want to use your own produce bags? No problem!
Posting out food in paper bags certainly isn’t perfect. But we do recognise that this is the only way that some people can get access to food that isn’t packed in plastic. However, with our Product Bag Refill Postal Service you can use your own fabric produce bags for your online food order. This is how it works:
- Post your fabric produce bags to us at Shop Zero, Front Shop, Malt Cross, 16 St James’ St, Nottingham NG1 6FG. Add a note to let us know who the bags are from.
- Place your food order online. Tick the box at Checkout to let us know you are posting your own bags to us.
- We’ll refund the you the cost of posting your bags (up to the value of a large letter second class, currently £1.53 – June 2021).
- We’ll refill into your produce bags and send the order right out to you!
Handy Tips for using this service
- Fabric produce bags are the favoured option for sending and refilling. If you would like to add reusable fabric produce bags to your order look here.
- Please make sure your bags are freshly laundered before you send them.
- Sending your bags as a large letter size means they get to us more easily (saves you money too). The size of a large letter is 35.3cm long 25cm wide and 2.5cm thick (June 2021).
- If you want specific food in a specific bag, just add a note to let us know.
Sustainable Gift Wrapping service
If you are sending a gift, why not take advantage of our sustainable gift wrapping option? When you checkout, just tick the box for Gift Wrapping.
Who says sustainable has to be boring or unstylish? We have carefully selected the materials for our gift box, both to be sustainable and create a luxurious and special feel. These boxes are made from recycled Kraft card boxes. We carefully fill with FSC wood fibres. All these materials can be reused, recycled or composted. We have also put together a range of Zero Waste Gift boxes and kits which are great for presents. Why not take a look?
We’d love to make the gift special for your loved one! The box is tied with natural twine. Plus we add a recycled Kraft card gift tag. You even add your own special message to the gift tag! Just make a note of your greeting in the comments box at checkout. You could even add a greeting card and message to your order!
Need a delivery to a different address? Just enter that when you checkout.
So that’s sustainable gift-giving sorted, and no plastic in sight!
This service is also available in store.
COVID-19 – changes to service
During the pandemic, our shop has limited opening hours so we are unlikely to post your order on the day that it is placed. We will keep you informed via email about any drastic changes.
We are operating under strict social distancing and hygiene rules. There is only one member of staff working to make up the packages. For postal deliveries, the parcels then delivered to another local business for pick-up by Royal Mail and delivery couriers. Mask wearing, strict hand-washing and sanitising guidelines are followed at all times.
We have a sustainable packaging policy, but because of the limited availability of packaging at the present time, we may need to re-use packaging envelopes that we already have. These may contain some plastic. These items are already in existence so will reduce the need for the production of new items and the resources associated with that. Please reuse these yourself; they will have life left in them.
Please bear with us while we manage this situation the best we can.